If you are six to ninety-six years old then you’ve felt put down, unloved, like you can’t do anything right. I’ve lived eighteen years in this world and I’ve felt that way countless times. Ever since I can remember. In grade school because I couldn’t score enough points for my team, in middle school because the popular girls didn’t like me, or because I couldn’t understand my math problem when the teacher explained it to me over and over already. And so often when I learned to cook and I would continuously mess up, but I just didn’t mean too. These things one eventually grows out of or learns to ignore, or in the cooking case, learns how to cook.
No matter where you are in life there will always be someone disagreeing with you, there will always be someone who makes you feel like you can’t do anything right. No matter what you’re doing you can never please all the people all the time.
But in these cases I like to remember that bible verse I shared with you last Sunday, Sunday Morning: The Courageous You, Isaiah 40:31, it says, “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint”. It keeps me going, reminding me that even though it may be tough now, but the Lord will lift me up on wings like eagles.
Whenever we feel like we just can’t do it , that we’re not enough remember,
- “I am fearful and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.” Psalm 136:14 ESV
- “We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed but, not driven to despair, persecuted, but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed;” 2 Corinthians 4:8,9 ESV
- I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 ESV
Whenever we feel unloved we have the love of Christ to remind us just how much we are loved.
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16 ESV
- Give thanks to the God in heaven for, his steadfast love endures forever. Psalm 136:26 ESV
- But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. Psalm 86:15 ESV
No matter what people say to us, no matter how they make us feel, we are strong in Christ, we are undefeated with Christ by our side, we are loved by Christ!